The Peninsula Hotels has established an innovative and exclusive partnership with online luxury fashion retailer and publisher NET-A-PORTER.com to create a series of stylish mini guides to the world’s most dynamic gateway cities.
The exclusive style savvy bite-sized guides will be published permanently on the respective hotel’s section of The Peninsula website (peninsula.com), and featured in the travel section of NET-A-PORTER.com’s fashionable The Edit magazine (net-a-porter.com/peninsula) during the week of launch.
Each mini guide provides guests with unique insider knowledge, shopping, cultural events, style, fashion tips and dining suggestions to make the most of their time in the ten Peninsula cities.
Read more on here, and enjoy!
Check out some of our recommendations when you are visiting Bangkok:
What To DoSoak up Bangkok's thriving cultural scene at these not-to-be-missed city institutions.
- Unwind in the serene surroundings of The Peninsula's luxurious spa. Aimed at soothing the body and mind, treatment highlights include the Royal Thai Massage and Himalayan Salt Scrub.
- Learn the art of Muay Thai boxing with a private lesson at The Peninsula Bangkok - its a great workout for strengthening the inner core muscle.
- Visit Pak Khlong Talat flower market at night to see hundreds of orchid and jasmine garlands. Chak Phet Road
- Discover how to make traditional Thai cuisine at The Peninsula's cookery school, which includes a trip to the local market in one of the hotel's customized tuks-tuks.
Shops & MarketsCollect souvenirs from the world-famous markets and shops in and around The Peninsula Bangkok.
- Don't miss Asiatique, a nighttime bazaar famed for its shopping oppotunities. Stock up on hand-painted dresses and colorful kaftans from upcoming Thai designers.
- Take home exotic Thai silks in an array of jewel-like colors from the illustrious Jim Thompson, the man who revolutionized the country's silk market in the '60s.
- Visit the Jam Factory, a contemporary arts complex with its own cafe and boutique. Deliing beautifully illustrated Thai novels and photography books, the Candide Bookstore is not ro be missed. 41/1-5 Charoennakorn Road Khlong San, Bangkok, 10600
RestaurantsFor the true taste of Thailand, visit these legendary eateries in and around The Peninsula Bangkok.
- Book a table at Issaya Siamese Club - internationally revered chef Ian Kittichai's flagship restaurant - for some old-school glamor.
- Enjoy executive chef Jackie Ho's modern take on Cantonese cuisine at The Peninsula Mei Jiang restaurant. Signature dishes include sauteed scallops and Peking duck.
- Dine at The Never Ending Summer in riverside arts complex The Jam Factory, which is also home to shops and a gallery. 41/5 Charoen Nakom road Khlong San, Bangkok, 10600
- Visit Blue Elephant, a Bangkok institution that serves classic Thai dishes in a colonial-style setting. the restaurant also has a renowned cookery school.